- Support of Online R·H·T Programs in the wake of the Global Pandemic – We’re working directly with faculty throughout the state to come up with innovative ways to ensure students are able to complete their courses despite having to move into an entirely online environment. Got an idea to share? Please contact us.
- Working with Industry to Connect Resources to displaced R·H·T workers – Our new R·H·T Resources Page is updated weekly with programs, links and resources to help R·H·T workers and students find jobs, get training and get connected to help given the current health crisis. Want to share something essential with our audience? Please contact us.
- Retail Ready – three phase program with retailers in the state that includes: Phase 1) industry partnership on campus; Phase 2) on-site experiences & work-based learning and Phase 3) opportunities for employment with the retailer.
- Work-Based Learning – developing experiences such as internships and apprenticeships to build work-based learning experiences. Our team is currently developing internship and apprenticeships in Retail, Hospitality and Tourism. Contact us if you’re interested in partnering with us on these programs.
- Incarcerated Culinary Instruction Pilot – an innovative program that builds work skills with incarcerated students at a California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facility that supports Cal Fire crews, in an effort to create a new pipelines for a trained culinary workforce for the R·H·T sector.
Safe Workforce, Safe Workplace: The ICAN Certified training module is now free online for educators and industry professionals
- Free, self-paced two-hour training program for non-health workers to educate employees on preventing the spread of disease.
- Built on CDC and CDPH content with industry input. Those who complete the course earn a Digital Badge and Certificate in one of five areas: Customer Service, Culinary Service, Engineering & Maintenance, Contracted Service and Housekeeping.
- A collaboration of the Health Workforce Initiative and Retail/Hospitality/Tourism Initiative, Workforce Economic Development Division, California Community College Chancellor’s Office
- Enroll here: https://ca-hwi.org/curriculum/infection-control-for-all-now-safe-workplace/
When the Coronavirus began spreading across the county, the R·H·T team asked what retail, hospitality and tourism employees would need…
Introducing a new Customer Service & Safety in Hospitality training program – What Would You Do? This animated series covers…
California Community Colleges Partner with Rouxbe Cooking School to Provide Supplemental Instruction for Hard to Convert Cooking Labs
The Culinary Arts package from Rouxbe will provide supplementary tools to students embarking on their culinary education this fall California…
As the COVID-19 pandemic spurred widespread economic crises in the late spring and early summer of 2020, Regional Directors of…
In the spring and summer of 2019, Lake Tahoe Community College partnered with the Regional Director of Employer Engagement, Retail,…